If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think you dare not, you don’t;
If you’d like to win but think you can’t;
It’s almost certain, you won’t.
If you think you’ll lose, you’re lost;
Since out in our world we find success begins with a person’s will,
It’s all in your state of mind,
Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster hand;
But sooner or later the person who wins is the one who thinks “I CAN”
Everyday is filled with opportunities. Many of these opportunities are disguised, as what we perceive to be trials, adversity or bad times. Sometimes we refer to these opportunities as “Tests.” No matter what the occasion or name you put on it, know that you have choices. Choose your response wisely.
Did you know that although God may not always want you to go through hard times, He can use them to produce the most beautiful characteristics in you?
You may ask how do things happen if God doesn’t want them to happen. We were all given free will. Each of our decisions has consequences. Hopefully, we learn from these consequences. We know that the iron is hot. Some of us can hear about the iron being hot, others have to touch it themselves. Either way, we will obtain knowledge and wisdom and apply it to make better decisions.
Self control is displayed best under trial. How you handle situations can serve as a tell tale sign of how much faith and trust you are working with. Rainy days are necessary as much as the sunny days to grow! Let’s aspire to grow into trees that are firmly rooted in the ways that show the world that we have faith that the best is yet to come, that God is in control and that Victory is where we are headed.
|Growth noun1. a. The process of growing. Full development; maturity.2. Development from a lower or simpler to a higher or more complex form
This has to be one of my favors and guiding light. It is a well know tale. I heard it as early as five years old.
THE TALE OF TWO WOLVES
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.
“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”
Celebrate each day like it is a new day of independence and liberation!
Liberate yourself from self-defeating thinking:
- Have more patience and acceptance of yourself and others. You will find, you become more approachable and you will have less stress to carry.
- You have two ears, two eyes and one mouth. Try listening and watching twice as much as you speak.
- Practice the pause. Before you over react take time to think able how you can be more proactive in sharing peace and joy.
- Sometimes being right is not the goal. Sometimes being heard is not the goal. Sometimes you have to learn to just BE.
- Be full of JOY! Being unhappy, joyless and angry are all choices. Choose to be loving and joyful and you will attack that from others.
- You are allowed to have expectations but your expectations are not requirements for others, they are choices and options for others. If someone does not choose to accept and meet your expectation, they are not automatically a bad person. They are a person with freedom and liberty just like you.
The simple truth is stress can turn you into someone you barely recognize.
Take a moment
Love your spirit, Love the heart and mind that God blessed you with.
At times you can feel an overwhelming since of responsibility that makes you feel like the weight of the world is dragging down your energy. Take a moment to see if you are struggling to continue to meet the crazy expectations that you set for yourself. I used to feel like if I was not the best or learning to be the best then it just seemed like a waste of time. But that wasn’t true. I had to learn to speak life into myself.
You do to. Live in victory! Say it with me “I’m living the victory”
You’re not alone. God is with you and he will always send you encouragement even if it does come from with in. Speak to yourself.